Last updated: June 27, 2022
The Checkout.com payment gateway is fully integrated with Shopify. If you're already using Shopify, you can start accepting payments through our gateway by configuring a few settings.
- Payments: Completed on your checkout page
- 3DS: Additional set up and cost with Cardinal Commerce
- Refunds: Handled directly in the Shopify Admin Portal
Due to restrictions imposed by Shopify, local payment methods are not supported.
You will need to access both the Shopify Admin Portal and our Dashboard during these steps.
- Sign in to your Dashboard account and create your secret key.
- From the Shopify Admin Portal, navigate to Settings > Payments.
- For new stores, Shopify Payments are activated by default. To activate Checkout.com as the payment provider, select Manage in the upper-right corner. If Shopify Payments are already deactivated in your store, skip to step 5.
- At the bottom of the page, select Deactivate Shopify Payments.
- Select the reason for deactivating Shopify Payments.
- Select See all other providers.
- Use the search bar to search for Checkout.com. Select our name when it appears.
- Navigate to the Account information section and paste your secret key prefixed with
Bearerinto the Secret Key field.
- Select which payment methods you'd like to accept.
- If your 3D Secure is enabled with Cardinal Commerce, select Enable 3D Secure with Cardinal, then input your Cardinal Commerce credentials.
- Under the Test mode section, select Enable test mode for using the sandbox environment. Remember to clear this for production.
- Select Activate Checkout.com.