Transparency is a recurring Checkout.com value that is reflected in our pricing promise, our security protocol and our legal agreements.
Accessibility Statement for Checkout.com
Checkout.com is committed to improving the user experience for everyone. We are making our websites and products accessible for all.
To support accessibility we:
- are a Disability Confident Employer (level 2)
- have an accessibility steering group to promote good practice
- provide accessibility training and targets for our design team
Level of accessibility
We know some parts of checkout.com are not fully accessible. For example some:
- pages and downloads are not written in plain language
- pages and documents have low colour contrast
- heading elements are not ordered correctly
- images do not have image descriptions
- buttons are not correctly identified in code
- text and layout does not flow when the zoom is increased to 200%
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines 3 levels of compliance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Checkout.com is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that parts of our websites are not fully accessible.
How we’re improving accessibility
We will update this statement within 12 months. We aim to:
- hire an external agency to do an accessibility audit
- add a list of all inaccessible content identified by the audit
- create a plan to fix issues found in the audit
- improve our knowledge of accessible design through education and training
- create governance to ensure all new design and development follows WCAG Level AA accessibility guidelines
Reporting accessibility problems
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of checkout.com as we work to improve. Tell us if our website or products do not work as you'd expect them to.
Telephone: (+44) 020 7323 3888
Email: [email protected]
Address: Wenlock Works, Shepherdess Walk, London N1 7LH
This statement applies to content published within the Checkout.com domain and subdomains, for example www.dashboard.checkout.com.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 7 February 2022.