Last updated: January 18, 2023
Pre-dispute tools give you more control of your dispute strategy and often enable the resolution of disputes before they count towards your dispute ratio for Visa disputes.
Through Verifi, a Visa company, we offer a solution called Rapid Dispute Resolution, also known as RDR. This solution resolves disputes in real time (accepting liability and refunding the customer) by following a set of custom rules that you pre-defined.
Disputes resolved using RDR are not considered a chargeback by Visa. This is ideal for scenarios where:
- You need to quickly reduce your dispute-to-sales ratio because you are on, or are close to being placed on, the Visa Dispute Monitoring Program.
- You are losing a significant number of disputes and want to automatically resolve disputes that have a low probability of winning.
- You don't have the resources to adequately represent disputes and lose a majority of them.
If you'd like to start using this solution, please contact your Customer Success Manager to assess your eligibility.
There are several key benefits to using the RDR solution:
- Automation – RDR rules run automatically, reducing your need to process refunds or represent disputes
- Flexibility – rules give you more control and enable you to take a targeted approach to your dispute strategy
- Improved customer satisfaction – improved issue resolution time and transparency for your customers
- Ease of integration – if you are already using our acquiring services, no further integration needed
RDR is part of our pre-dispute offering – it occurs before the regular chargeback process starts. Therefore, RDR enables you to resolve disputes before they count towards your dispute ratio for Visa disputes.
If a chargeback is not accepted as a pre-dispute by your set of rules, it will become a regular dispute and will count towards your dispute ratio.