Paying It Forward: 2018 and Beyond
2 min read
2018 was an exponential growth year for Checkout.com. Here’s a look back at what we accomplished and how this momentum will lead us toward launching new products, new features, more payment methods, and more geographies in 2019.
We tripled our processing volume in 2018 over the previous year. This growth was fueled by new partnerships with leading companies including Deliveroo, Getty Images, Gotogate, Nespresso, TransferWise and Udacity.
We now process billions of dollars annually for exciting global brands and are becoming the new payments platform of choice for enterprise e-commerce businesses. Our unified payments platform offers domestic acquiring and feature parity on all major card brands through a single API and reporting stream. Our customers benefit from faster payment processing speeds, unparalleled platform reliability, and full visibility of their transaction data.
As with all new beginnings, progress is made when we reflect back – recognizing our accomplishments and celebrating our achievements, but also learning from our experiences. Here’s a look back at what we accomplished and how this momentum will propel us into becoming the leading payments service provider for enterprise e-commerce businesses in 2019 and beyond.
- Tripled our processing volume year over year, which won us industry accolades including:
- Ranked #1 fastest growing FinTech and placed 2nd overall in the Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50.
- Named PwC’s High Growth Business of the Year.
- Obtained issuing licenses for both Visa and Mastercard, paving the way for new card-based products.
- Hired nearly 100 new employees and increased global headcount by 52%. Bradley Riss joined as Chief Commercial Officer and Nicholas Thomson joined as Head of Product.
- Moved into a new 22,000 sq ft. London HQ in Fitzrovia, and are now operating 8 global offices across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and the U.S.
We expanded our acquiring footprint and suite of payment methods, enabling merchants around the world to accept more payments, currencies, and transactions – all through one integration.
- Launched new domestic services for all major card brands in Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore, adding to existing offerings in Europe, U.S. and the Middle East.
- Enabled Apple Pay and Google Pay (in all available markets).
- More payment methods added – from accepting PayPal globally, to being the first platform to connect mada in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Amongst the first European acquirers to certify for Visa Direct push to card services.
- Visa Token Services (VTS) - Visa added Checkout.com on tokenization services to increase payment security and enhance conversion for recurring transactions.
- Added new features to the platform including a consolidated reporting API providing transaction-level granularity and a complete webhooks engine.
Our robust product pipeline, coupled with our strong revenue run rate, indicates that 2019 will be another exceptional year. I am excited to continue building the future of digital commerce with our incredible team.
2019 will be an exciting year for payments, fintech, and the wider e-commerce landscape. May the New Year bring you all good health, happiness, and prosperity!
Written on by