We take the utmost care in ensuring that changes to our APIs do not break your integrations. We consider the following changes to be backward-compatible:
- Adding new, optional request fields/parameters to existing APIs.
- Adding new fields to existing API responses.
- Adding new, optional HTTP request headers.
- Adding new HTTP response headers.
- Increasing the length of existing string field values.
- Changing the format of identifiers including changing or removing prefixes.
- Adding new webhook event types (you will need to explicitly opt into these).
- Adding new fields to existing webhook event schemas.
In the event that a breaking change is unavoidable (e.g., for compliance reasons), we will contact you in advance to ensure that you have sufficient time to update your integration.