You can extend your Salesforce Order Management integration in multiple ways to suit all your business needs.
In this guide, you'll find how to:
To support Klarna payments in Order Management, first make sure that you've created a payment gateway for alternative payment methods under App Launcher > Payment Gateways. To configure Klarna-specific settings, follow these steps:
- Go to Setup > Custom Code > Custom Metadata Types.
- Select Manage Records next to Klarna Settings.
- Select Edit next to the Default label.
- Configure the settings based on your preferences.
Payment capture and refund
To fulfill an order and capture a payment manually, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to Salesforce Order management and go to App Launcher > Order Management. This page displays a list of all existing orders.
- Select the order number for which you wish to capture the payment.
- On the Order Summary page, select Edit in the upper-right corner.
- In the pop-up window, set Status to
Approvedand select Save. This creates a corresponding fulfillment order.
- Refresh the Order Summary page and select the fulfillment order number under Related > Fulfillment Orders.
- To trigger the capture, set the status to
Fulfilled, then select Mark as Current Status.
The payment is now captured. You can view this by going back to the Order Summary page. Refresh the page, scroll down to the Order Payment Summaries section in the Related tab, and you will see the captured amount.
To process a refund, follow these steps:
- On the Order Summary page, select Return Item.
- On the Return Item page, select the checkbox next to the item being returned and refunded, then select Next.
- On the following page, select the reason for the return.
- If you'd like to refund the shipping cost in addition to the cost of the item, tick Remove shipping amount.
- Select Next to proceed.
- Review the refund details and select Submit.
- On the next page, select Finish.
You can view the refunded amount on the Order Summary page, under Summary > Order Payment Summaries.
Viewing gateway logs
- On the Order Summary page, scroll down to the Order Payment Summaries section in the Related tab, and select the payment method (for example, Visa).
- On the Order Payment Summary page, in the Related tab, scroll down to the Gateway Logs section. To view a log, select its log number.
For captured payments, the logs will show capture and payment information, capture request and response, and notification data.
For refund transactions, the logs will show the refund request made to Checkout.com, as well as the webhook notification data for the refunded payment.