Joining the Future Fifty
1 min read
The Future Fifty programme from Tech City UK has chosen a new cohort of 26 late-stage companies for the year, and we are looking forward to working with them all.
We’re very excited to announce that we’re joining the Future Fifty. The Future Fifty programme from Tech City UK has chosen a new cohort of 26 late-stage companies for the year, and we're looking forward to working with them all.
Future Fifty companies represent some of the UK’s most exciting growth stage tech businesses. Future Fifty gives 26 fast-growing companies access to a valuable peer network, including programs and tools designed to take their businesses to the next level.
It’s an honor to be recognized as a promising late-stage company. Checkout.com was bootstrapped from day one and has never taken outside funding. We’re excited to join this powerful network of the UK’s fastest-growing digital businesses, who will be working to grow further, faster, together.
In numbers, the 26 companies this year are joining a larger network of Future Fifty companies and alumni, now totaling 126.
Of those that have been through the programme since 2014, Future Fifty’s track record now includes:
- Five IPOs on the London Stock Exchange
- 23 M&A’s of which 7 in the last year, including MatchesFashion.com (acquired $1bn), JustGiving (acquired $120m) and Shazam (acquired $400m).
- Over $5.5bn raised in funding, including $1.7 billion in 2017
- The companies have created 27,000 jobs around the world, and have offices in 59 countries
- Alumni companies that are household names including Just Eat and Zoopla
For more information on the Future Fifty companies and annual program, read more here.
Written on by